Did you know that SNOW is run by volunteer busy school nurses
JUST like YOU?!?
PLEASE consider stepping up to help!
We are pleased to announce the results of the 2015 Elections!
President Elect- Nicole Klein
Vice President- Anne McGavran
Secretary- Jeanne Dowling
Public Relations Standing Committee Chair- Dawn Epler
Legislative Standing Committee Chair- Cindy Novak
Area 1 Representative- Lynn Grubb
Area 5 Representative- Candra Cook
Area 7 Representative- Laurie Moyer
Area 9 Representative- Phyllis Fries
We are still in need of the following positions:
Area Representatives: 2B and 3
All of the above positions are 2 year commitments.
Information about the specific roles can be found in the operating guidelines (see left side of screen once you are signed in to the SNOW website) under Section II Officers, Section VI Board of Directors, and Section VII Standing Committees. Subcommitee positions are based on member's interest and willingness to be appointed. These positions are announced via the listserv, Flurries, website, and at General Membership meetings during our twice annual conferences.
Please contact Anne McGavran (current VP & nominating committee chair) at email@example.com with any questions or if you would like to volunteer!
SNOW supports school nurses in the delivery of health services designed to improve the health and academic success of students. (August, 2011)
SNOW will be the united, inclusive, proactive organization, which works collaboratively to assure quality school health services.
· Support all school nurses in their individual practice
· Facilitate collaboration and interaction among members, other professional organizations and community agencies
Professional growth is vital to professional excellence:
THUS, SNOW will:
· Provide educational opportunities by sponsoring classes, conferences, and interdisciplinary meetings;
· Be proactive in continuing legislative activity that increases statewide understanding of school issues to influence state and national budgeting for optimal school nursing practice, which includes defined caseloads.
Active SNOW membership will be self-energizing and will translate into personal and professional growth and enthusiasm
· Support research in the field of school nursing