Click on the link below to read about how Heather Graham, SNOW member from Spokane stood with Governor Inslee to voice concern about use of e-cigarettes:
Did you know that SNOW is run by volunteer busy school nurses
JUST like YOU?!?
PLEASE consider stepping up to help!
Come make a difference to school nursing in Washington State!
Currently Vacant Positions are Area Representatives for:
Area 10 (Pierce County)
Positions up for election in February/March 2015 to begin in August 2015:
Public Relations Standing Committee Chair
Legislative Standing Committee Chair
Odd Areas Representatives: 1, 2B, 3, 7, 5 and 9.
All of the above positions are 2 year commitments except the President Elect which is a 1 year role followed by 2 years as President and 1 year as past president (i.e. 4 year commitment).
Information about the specific roles can be found in the operating guidelines (see left side of screen once you are signed in to the SNOW website) under Section II Officers, Section VI Board of Directors, and Section VII Standing Committees.
Please contact Anne McGavran (current VP & nominating committee chair) at email@example.com with any questions or if you would like to volunteer!
SNOW supports school nurses in the delivery of health services designed to improve the health and academic success of students. (August, 2011)
SNOW will be the united, inclusive, proactive organization, which works collaboratively to assure quality school health services.
· Support all school nurses in their individual practice
· Facilitate collaboration and interaction among members, other professional organizations and community agencies
Professional growth is vital to professional excellence:
THUS, SNOW will:
· Provide educational opportunities by sponsoring classes, conferences, and interdisciplinary meetings;
· Be proactive in continuing legislative activity that increases statewide understanding of school issues to influence state and national budgeting for optimal school nursing practice, which includes defined caseloads.
Active SNOW membership will be self-energizing and will translate into personal and professional growth and enthusiasm
· Support research in the field of school nursing