To offer Clock Hours through the School Nurse Organization of Washington (SNOW), please follow these steps.
- Complete a course approval form for each in-service using the Clock Hour Approval Form.
- Take accurate attendance at the in-service.
- The contact time only covers educational in-services, not administrative or planning meetings. The minimum cumulative number of hours for the year must be 3.0.
- Let the Clock Hours Chair know how many Clock Hour Forms you will need so they can be sent to you.
- Collect the checks for the number of hours earned ($3 per clock hour) before signing the participants' forms with your name.
- Send the following documents to the Clock Hours Chair when you have completed the in-service.
- Copy of all clock hour forms (paper or electronic)
- Clock Hour Approval Form (see above)
- Clock Hour Sign-in form
- Professional Development
- Professional Development Evaluation form for each participant
The program must be at least 3 hours long to offer clock hours or a minimum of 3 hours for the year. One hour equals 60 minutes of contact time. Meals must be subtracted from the total time, unless there is a presentation during a meal. This is required to assure we are in compliance for issuing continuing education clock hours.
A SNOW member must be present at the in-service to collect money and complete these steps in order for SNOW to provide clock hours.
Please mail required forms to and/or contact the Clock Hours Chair if you have questions.
916 43rd St NW
Tulalip, WA 98271-6827