Job openings will be posted for 90 days.
Sunnyside School District
Sunnyside School District has two nurse openings for an RN and an LPN. SSD is committed to employing a nurse in every school building. We have monthly nurse PLC (meetings), great support from admin, and extra days to use at the beginning of the school year for prep. See the link to apply or email Becky Norem if you have any questions.
Becky Norem, RN
Chief Kamiakin Elementary
Issaquah School District
In order to see a full job description and apply for the position of School Nurse, please visit: https://issaquahjobs.hrmplus.net to register and complete an application.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Health Services Supervisor and under the guidance of building principals for day-to-day interaction, the School Nurse promotes the health and welfare of students in the schools as assigned.
· Performs nursing responsibilities as delegated by the E.S.A. nursing staff.
· Trains and monitors designated school personnel in medication administration, health room procedures and health care plans.
· Develops and maintains health care plans for students with health problems.
· Provides for the implementation of district activities relating to school health services including vision
· Facilitates communication between private/community resource groups and families in need, assisting with medical care, dental care, clothing, food, housing and fuel.
· Maintains up-to-date health records on students.
· Participates in the evaluation/recommendation of students referred for special education as appropriate.
· Contributes to multidisciplinary decisions related to educational planning for a student as appropriate.
· Attends guidance team meetings and I.E.P. meetings as requested.
· Initiates referrals to medical agencies.
· Acts as a resource to school staff in addressing the control of infectious diseases in the schools.
· Trains Educational Assistants to perform medical treatments when required (i.e., tube feedings, catheterization, etc.).
· Provides screening of preschool children during Childfind.
· Provides health counseling for students and staff.
· Acts as liaison between parents, medical professionals and school personnel.
· Oversees the nursing component of the outdoor education program in the assigned schools.
· Implements the RCW’s and WAC’s relating to health care in the District.
· Work cooperatively with a building team in planning, supporting and providing instruction and share with other staff the responsibility for supervision of student behavior outside of the regular classroom
· Demonstrate positive relationship skills with students, parents and district staff, maintaining ongoing and open communication.
· Interest and desire to implement the use of technology in service.
· Commitment to continued learning and personal professional growth.
· Possess knowledge of and adhere to Governing Policies and District Regulation and Procedures.
· Participate in special projects as assigned and perform related duties and key responsibilities consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Edmonds School District
Please note that the Edmonds School District has a position opening for a full-time school nurse position or multiple part-time positions. Locations and schedule to be determined. For more information please use this link to the posting: Click Here
Mara Marano-Bianco BSN, RN Health Services Program Manager Edmonds School District #15 20420 68th Ave. W, Lynnwood, WA 98036 Phone: (425) 431-7174 Fax: (425) 431-7182 email@example.com
Lake Stevens School District
Non-Represented Nurse Supervisor Posting:
Link to Position: Non-Rep Nursing Supervisor
Posting # 18-06-21-001
Position: Nurse Supervisor - Non Represented
Hourly Rate: $40.37 - $44.76 D.O.E. (These are 17-18 hourly rates. The 18-19 rates are not available yet)
Days: 200 days per year
Hours: 8.00 hours per day
Location: Lake Stevens School District - building site to be determined
Open Date: 06-21-2018
Closing Date: until filled
More Details Here: Nurse_Supervisor_Job_Description-LSSD.pdf
Tahoma School District
School Nurse RN or LPN Position
Cedar River Elementary
Continuing position, 9 AM - 4 PM, Minimum wage $20.98 - Maximum wage $22.28
Expected start date: 9/4/18
Application Information: Application Here
Dieringer School District
Nurse and Attendance/Discipline Clerk
North Tapps Middle School
Application Information: Nurse_Attendance_Discipline_Clerk-_NTMS_2018-19.pdf
Shelton School District
Days per Year: 180
Salary Range: $36,521.00 to $68,836.00
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Requirements: This position is for one of the two school nurses in the district. The position begins with the 2018-19 school year. Duties are divided between three campuses. Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is desired.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Valid Washington State Registered Nurse License
Washington State ESA School Nurse Certification
Valid Washington State Driver’s License and Evidence of Insurability
CPR/First Aid/AED Certificate
Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
Must possess valid certificated credentials for appropriate level of instruction and/or subjects.
NOTE: In addition to the salary range noted above, an extra 167 hours paid at the employee's per diem rate of pay is available through TRI and training hours.
Visit https://www.sheltonschools.org/Departments/HumanResources/SitePages/CurrentPositions.aspx for more information.
University Place School District
University Place School District School Nurse 7:45am - 2:45pm $27.15/h - $29.60/HR (DOE) 180 Days 10 Holidays
The position of School Nurse coordinates and delivers school health program to students and staff in order to promote health and wellness. Primary responsibility includes safety and health of students to allow students readiness to learn and access to their educational setting. Registered Nurse license required. Fingerprints & background check. University Place offers a generous benefit package to eligible employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance, retirement, vacation pay and sick leave.
Visit the University Place School District website at http://www.upsd.wednet.edu – “Employment” to view the complete job description and apply.
Battle Ground Public Schools
Battle Ground Public Schools is looking to fill two positions for school nurse; one full-time (1.0 FTE) and one part-time (0.6 FTE). School nurses provide comprehensive programs of services including assessment, health screening, direct and consultative services, management of immunization and communicable disease control responsibilities and referral activities related to student health and wellness. They also consult with parents at school or by home visit regarding student health and wellness needs and provide direct student services including guidance, health/wellness counseling and crisis intervention. Nurses serve as a health/wellness education resource person to staff, students and parents and assist with health curriculum development and instruction.
Interested applicants may email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or apply online HERE.
Omak and Brewster School Districts
Click Here for Details:
School Nurse Case Manager Brewster & Omak
ESD 113 School Nurse Corps
ESD 113 School Nurse Corps currently has an opening for an RN, currently at 3.5 days per week but with flexibility to increase or decrease FTE on hire or next fall. The position staffs Rochester Middle School 2 days per week, neighboring Oakville School District one day per week, and Satsop School half a day per week.
Benefits of working for ESD 113’s School Nurse Corps include a strong and supportive team of nurses, great benefits including PEBB benefits and travel reimbursement, and generous professional development opportunities.
The application is here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/esd113/jobs/2028120/esd-113-school-nurse-rochester-oakville-satsop?keywords=nurse%20&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Click apply, and create an account
Please feel free to give me a call if you have questions about the position, or about the ESD 113 School Nurse Corps program
Lynn Nelson, MSN, RN, NCSN
Director, Health Services and Student Support
Capital Region ESD 113
6005 Tyee Drive SW Tumwater, WA 98512
Longview School District
The Longview School District has an opening for SCHOOL NURSE - DISTRICT WIDE -- 1.0 FTE for the 2018-2019 School Year
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
SUPERVISOR: Director of Special Services
QUALIFICATIONS: BSN, ESA Certification - or ability to obtain one within first year of hire Valid RN license in the state of WA
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract Term: 180 days Salary: Based on the 2017-2018 state salary schedule. Additional compensation based on Longview Education Association Agreement with the Longview School District.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision and other board approved benefits. Nurses excited to care for students in one of the most beautiful cities in the country, can apply here: https://longviewschools.com/human-resources/careers/ Applications will be accepted until filled by a qualified applicant. Job Sharing: Pursuant to RCW 28A.405.070, the district will accept applications from individuals wishing to share a position.
North Mason School District
North Mason School District in Belfair, WA is seeking a Registered Nurse for the 2018-19 school year! Consider joining this nursing team dedicated to student and district health! Position is a 1.0 FTE covering two schools with mentoring available to nurses who are new to school nursing.
Minimum requirements: BSN degree, WA state RN license, and Education Staff Associates (ESA) certificate from Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) upon hire. Qualified applicants who are excited to join the nursing team at North Mason School District can apply here: https://www2.wrdc.wa-k12.net/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wnmasons71/rapplmnu03.w
Ellensburg School District
Classified - Registered Nurse
CLOSES March 15, 2018
This is a 6.5 hour Registered Nurse position at Lincoln Elementary School. OPEN NOW.
POSITION: Registered Nurse
LOCATION: Lincoln Elementary School
Qualified to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington and hold an unrestricted license.
Applications from LPN’s with experience to be considered
Community Health or School Nurse experience preferred.
Current First Aid/CPR Card.
Must qualify to work in the proximity of children under the conditions of a WSP/FBI background check.
Royal School District
Posting Title: Coordinator of Health Services - Registered Nurse
Start Date: 02/23/2018
Posting ID: 2018-286
Job Type: Health Services
Job Location: Royal Intermediate School
There are two ways to view this position:
1) go to https://royal.tedk12.com/hire/internalLogin.aspx; or
2) go to the district website, click on Employment Opportunities, once that page loads, on the upper right hand corner click on Internal. In order to view the Internal Only postings you must login. At the top of the page, enter your username and password. If you can’t remember your username and/or password, give me a call. Once you have logged in, you just need to click on the Job Listings Tab. If you are interested in applying for this position, you must create an account to identify yourself as an internal applicant if you have not already done so. This process is really quick and will only take a few minutes of your time.
How to Apply:
1) Once you have created an account go back to the Job Listings screen and again click on Apply. This time when you click on it, it will open up the application. The internal application is very basic and quick, essentially we need to know your name, current building, present job and supervisors name. Click on Save and Continue.
2) The next step is to submit your letter of interest. You can do it one of two ways. On this screen (Attachments) you can upload a letter of interest, or you can save and continue and move on to the Letter of Interest screen where you can simply enter a typed statement. Click on Save and Continue.
3) The last screen is the review screen and this basically just shows all of the information you have just entered. At the bottom of this page, you will need to read the District Policy and Application Confirmation Statement, you will need to choose to affirm or deny to agree to the terms by clicking on the drop down menu, enter your initials and today's date. The last step is to save and submit.
Royal School District
Pateros School District
Click Here for Details:
School Nurse Pateros
Oak Harbor Public Schools
· Certificated Registered Nurse
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
· Educational Staff Associate certificate as a School Nurse as set forth by the State Board of Education
· Background or experience in a school environment preferred
· Personal vehicle required for transportation to various sites
The health services program is designed to respond to each student’s unique developmental health needs, contribute to a safe and healthy school environment, ensure that health needs are recognized and planned for in the total school program, and meet State and Federal health-related requirements. The School Nurse will oversee the nursing duties of two or three schools; write and implement Health Plans; and work with students, staff and families. It is possible that the district will consider a job-share if that is what most effectively serves students.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
FIRST SCREENING: March 2, 2018 / 4:00 p.m.
EMPLOYMENT BEGINS: September 2018
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Terms of employment for a 1.0 FTE teacher during the 2017-2018 school year include a 180-day work year and supplemental pay, which is available after meeting district requirements. Each employee is also eligible to receive twelve sick leave days and three annual leave days. Salary placement is based on the State Salary Schedule. For the 2017-2018 school year, the total compensation ranges from $46,181 for a person with a Bachelor’s degree and no experience to $87,043 for a person with a Master’s degree + 90 credits and 16 years of experience. This is total compensation and includes some additional time. During the 2017-2018 school year, $820.00 per month was provided to help a full-time employee defray the cost of health premiums that includes mandatory dental, vision, and long term disability insurance; and optional medical, salary, and life insurance. If employed less than full time (1.0 FTE), days, salary, and health premiums are pro-rated based on FTE.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTION: Selection for interviews will be made on the basis of candidate's completed application materials. Please visit our website, www.ohsd.net, and follow the instructions found under the Jobs tab for completing your application online. Only completed/pending applications will be considered. Questions should be addressed to: Email email@example.com or call 360.279.5000.
Seattle Public Schools Health Services
ESA Certificated Nurse (BSN and ESA Certificate)
Developmental Preschool 1.0 FTE
(Care plans, consultation, case management for students in 20 sites, half work is done at Central office, half done at school sites)
Rainier Beach High School 0.8 FTE
West Woodland Elementary 0.4 FTE
Bridges Program (Case management/Care plan/Consultation for Special Ed students ages 18-21 at Ingraham HS, Rainier Beach HS) 0.2 FTE
Parapro Classified Nurse (LPN or ADN)
Northend Float 1.0 FTE
Southend Float 1.0 FTE
Seattle Public Schools Health Services is hiring nurses! Join our group of nurses serving the diverse students in Seattle's 100 schools. School nurses enjoy work place autonomy and the support of nurse supervisors in an academic setting. work year is 180 days on the public school calendar.
Minimum qualifications: BSN degree and Education Staff Associates (ESA) certificate from Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
Apply here https://www.seattleschools.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=627&pageId=15203
Apply Now - Seattle Public Schools
Everett, WA: Head Start/Early Head Start
Part time, approximately 18 hours per week. $25-35 per hour, DOQ. Location of the worksite is at the EdCC Head Start & Early Head Start Main Office in Everett, WA.
The Pediatric Nurse position supports the Program's birth to five family center philosophy, policies, goals, objectives, and, in doing so, has a measurable impact on improving the health outcomes for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and their parents. Pediatric Nurse responsibilities are: Supervising the developmental (heights, weights, vision, hearing, iron and lead) screening and Health Alert systems, Taking the lead in ensuring follow-up on screening results and
in developing health care plans when staff or parent identifies a medical condition that requires the use of special precautions or strategies in order to keep the child safe and healthy, Acting as the in-house health resource, Analyzing program health data, submitting regular reports that may include recommendations to strengthen health services to the PFCE Director, Anticipating future health trends and articulate credible visions that enable innovative and appropriate program planning, Reviewing and updating, as needed, Health Protocols, Observing each classroom, class and group socialization at least once during the school year for health and safety; writing report and, if needed, including recommendations, Conducting file reviews, monitoring for data integrity between paper and electronic files, Working collaboratively with program's Parent, Family, & Community Engagement (PFCE) and Early Learning Outcomes Framework (ELOF) staff, Participating in program's self-assessment, Sharing health services monitoring responsibilities to ensure quality, consistency, continuity and fidelity to OHS performance standards, health protocols, policies and procedures, Serving as a liaison with community health care programs, and state and federal health care agencies, Preparing health reports, as requested by PFCE Director, Providing training, if asked, for staff and/or parents.
Must be a Registered Nurse and licensed in the state of Washington
Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited college/university.
Educational/experience of minimally three years working with infants, toddlers, preschoolers in a community health and/or childcare-school setting.
Experience of minimally three years working with low-income, refugee, and/or immigrant young (0-6 years old) children and families.
Strong computer skills working in database, WORD, EXCEL, and email.
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Work history documenting successful collaborative and teamwork skills.
Experience within the last 5 years working with Office of Head Start Performance Standards
Master's Degree in relevant course of study
5 or more years working in a same/similar position in Head Start, Early Head Start, or same/similar granted funded program.